Dengue fever is most common during the warm or rainy season and can even be life-threatening at times. To protect yourself from dengue fever, you must contact your local mosquito control in Silver Spring for assistance.
Common Symptoms of Dengue Fever
Mild symptoms of dengue are often confused with flu, viral infection, and other illnesses. Check for the following common mild dengue symptoms
● Skin rash
● Nausea and vomiting
● Severe headaches
● Aches and fever
● Muscle, bone, or joint pain
● Eye pain
Mild dengue fever will last for around 3-7 days and offers a fast recovery.
Severe dengue can lead to internal bleeding, shock, or even death in some cases. Pregnant women and infants have a higher risk of getting infected with severe dengue. The symptoms include
● Tenderness and belly pain
● Vomiting at least 3-4 times a day
● Blood in stool
● Feeling irritable, tired or restless.
● Vomiting blood
Treatment of Dengue Fever
If you have mild dengue symptoms, then
● Visit your healthcare provider.
● Rest throughout the day
● Refrain from ibuprofen or aspirin tablets
● Take paracetamol or acetaminophen
● Drink plenty of water and fluids
● Add electrolytes to your drink water.
However, if you have severe symptoms of dengue fever, then
● Immediately seek medical care at a hospital or clinic.
● If you are traveling during that time, find a nearby health care provider.
There is no specific medication or treatment to cure you of dengue fever. Doctors will conduct a blood test to check for dengue infection. You must rest and drink a lot of fluids in case you have developed a dengue fever.
Wrapping It Up
You must seek immediate medical attention if your condition worsens within the first 24 hours. However, to prevent further cases of dengue infections, always use mosquito repellents and nets. Contact a mosquito control company in case of mosquito infestation at your home.